Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wedding Layout from Scraps

A while back, I made a robot card from paper scraps.  I decided to repeat that design, but I used thinner scraps.  This time, I didn't use a focal image.  I used die cut dragonflies (from Accucut Craft) on this card layout from scraps.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  I made a few until I had run through a decent amount of scraps.  I corner punched this one on one side and I think that made it look a little classier or at least added some more interest.

When I was working on my wedding album for the crafting week I took last month, I found a scrap from the wedding mini album I had made for a co-worker.  It fit the picture I was scrapbooking perfectly in size.  I took that as a sign that I should find more scraps.  I repeated the layout from the card and all the scraps came from the wedding mini album I had done.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.

The top of the arch was a little boring, so I need to find something for it.  I didn't have a doily quite the right size, but I had this stamp set my sister had given me.  She accidentally bought two and gave me the extra set.  There's a flower that looks like a lotus flower in it and it fit so nicely at the top.  It looks a bit like a crown!  I embossed it in black to help it stand out from the pattern.

Slowly but surely (very very slowly!), this wedding album will get done!

1 comment:

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts.